What the role is
The UK and Europe Communications Assistant will be responsible for managing all press requests across the UK and Europe markets, with support from the Senior Press Officer. Ensuring that they are dealt with in the most cost and time-efficient manner while maintaining minimal stock losses. They will also support the communications team on all office administration. As well as supporting the French and German agencies.
What you’ll be doingStock management
- Working with the Communications Assistants and Stock Controller to manage the flow of stock between MATCHESFASHION.COM and the press.
- Ensuring that all stock is returned in a timely manner and in perfect condition. Alerting the team immediately should any issues arise and taking appropriate steps to resolve them.
- Working with our international PR agencies to ensure they have a constantly updated selection of key product from our portfolio of luxury brands, which fits each agency’s specific requirements while corresponding to the key directives of the season. Making sure showroom edits are refreshed appropriately.
- Supporting the communications team during the stock take process, to ensure minimal stock losses and write-offs.
- Ensuring that all stock is returned to the business in time for the end of season sale and any other key times of year.
- Supporting the communications team in an administrative capacity, and managing the day-to-day running of the office alongside the communications assistants.
- Assisting with the compiling of UK and international press coverage reports, ensuring these are delivered to the senior communications team within given deadlines.
- Insuring that publications are tabbed and scanned. Compiling weekly coverage updated to send to the company on press coverage achieved.
- Keep the team up to date with all upcoming magazine specials and any issues with credits.
- Providing support and giving direction to communications interns, ensuring they are completing all given tasks.
- Ensuring the teams fashion week tickets, schedules, travel and appropriate accommodation is organised and managed in good time for relevant team members.
- To work with the communications team on events, frequently outside of standard office hours, and support events as necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate contacts within the press. As well as building relationships internally
- Pitch and secure news stories in UK titles on all exclusives, focus brands, studios.
- To support the communications team on any gifting initiatives.
- Actively working with Raey on sample orders for UK and global agencies as well as pitching ensuring continued press activity on brand.
- To grow and nurture the Raey ambassador program with influencers and editors to help grown brand awareness, working with the Affiliates team. Sending out ambassadors selections each season.
About youThe ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, efficient and highly organised individual, with excellent communications skills and the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Relevant experience within the fashion industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Articulate, polite and presentable
- Proficient with the following software programs – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as within a team.
- Mature but energetic with a can-do attitude essential
If you are passionate, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with the below:
At MATCHESFASHION we believe that everyone has a part to play. We are committed to building a working environment with a balanced and inclusive culture. We want people to be themselves and be inspired to do their best work. We value difference and it is key in driving innovation – and innovation is the magic which gives us our advantage as a brand.
- CV with dates of employment
- Cover letter
- Salary details
- Notice period