What the role is
The key objective of the Mid-Weight Designer role is to focus on generating on-brand, engaging, content across both menswear and womenswear. The Mid-weight Designer will be required to design collateral for our editorial, social, marketing and off-line channels. The successful candidate will report directly into the Senior Art Director and will be part of an inspiring and growing team of designers and film makers.
What you’ll be doing
- DESIGN marketing content both on and offline. Manage special projects including editorial and ecommerce briefs, promotional material including responsive emails, affiliate collateral, social media and the app.
- PRODUCE original, user-focused concepts and solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience while maintaining the house style and brand objectives.
- GENERATE creative ideas, preplan, pitch to senior management, manage feedback process, execute all aspects of visual design.
- DESIGN editorial and marketing content both on and offline. Working on all projects including editorial and ecommerce briefs; design promotional material including responsive emails, affiliate collateral and social media.
- Meet STRINGENT deadlines while having the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Follow STYLE GUIDELINES and keep these updated when necessary.
- SOPHISTICATED sense of typography and an understanding of its relevance to a good design both online and offline
- UNDERSTAND and APPLY best practice UI/UX principles to projects. Understanding of mobile design – e.g. mobile apps, mobile-first concepts, etc, is required.
- COMMUNICATE confidently with Editorial, Management, Marketing, Studio, Press and Tech teams on all aspects of creative deliverables and project goals. Effectively manage communication within the design team.
- DEVELOPMENT of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
- STAY INFORMED on current developments in digital design, technology, ecommerce etc
- DRIVING INNOVATION within the business.
- SUPPORT the Senior Art Director and wider design team’s projects where necessary.
- Proven design experience working in a busy environment
- Proven experience and strong understanding of the technical requirements of app, digital, email and print design
- Exceptional email design experience with an understanding of how to bring innovation to emails
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- High-level experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign. Experience in Keynote and Sketchis a bonus
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS with regards to structural site limitations, web development and email marketing channels
- Experience in print
- On-set shoot experience with photographers
- Someone who believes in creating designs with an emotional resonance for the end user
- Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout
- A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as demanding business needs
- Proactive with an ability to show initiative and generate ideas to constantly improve the quality of the site and marketing channels
- Detail-orientated, well-organised team player
If you are passionate, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with the below:
At MATCHESFASHION we believe that everyone has a part to play. We are committed to building a working environment with a balanced and inclusive culture. We want people to be themselves and be inspired to do their best work. We value difference and it is key in driving innovation – and innovation is the magic which gives us our advantage as a brand.
- CV with dates of employment
- Cover letter
- Salary details
- Notice period