What the role is
Providing leadership to the Women’s Merchandising department and a key stakeholder for the wider team. The aim to maximise sales, sell through and gross margin through strategic analysis, planning and stock management. Acting as deputy to the Head of Merchandising when required.
You will be a key Merchandising contact and develop strong cross functional relationships with Buying, Ecommerce, Business Intelligence, Finance, Distribution and Marketing. Working with the business on innovative ways to achieve our goals. A role model for best practice in Merchandising and developing skills and knowledge across your reports.
What you’ll be doingTeam
- Lead, manage, coach and develop direct reports and support their own management development and challenges.
- Manage and support junior members of the team to progress and develop within the merchandising function.
- Challenge Merchandising processes to ensure the team is working efficiently and to develop the team strategies with company growth.
- Work with the HoM on departmental and team objectives to consistently drive development and team engagement.
Planning and Forecasting
- Provide weekly summary of key performance indicators for the business, relating to sales, stock, profit, and markdown versus budget and last year.
- Provide roll up of women’s seasonal planning forecasts, driving and supporting merchandising teams to deliver budgets.
- Maintain Women’s (WSSI). Review in season stock opportunities and risks in line with forecasts to maximise sales and reduce stocks i.e. OTB management, recodes, cancellations, SOR and markdowns. Supporting the HoM in the total business WSSI management.
- Pro-actively manage departments in line with trade activity to minimise risks and maximise opportunities for monthly and seasonal KPI’s
- Manage and develop intake flow into business to hit monthly forecasts, drive sales and minimise risks.
- Partner with wider business teams (Buying, Ecommerce, Finance etc) to improve seasonal performance, ensure delivery of budgets and strategic objectives across departments.
- Review and implement markdown strategies with HoM across all channels and territories.
- Work with wider team on detailed ad-hoc projects and pro-active analysis on new strategic opportunities to drive business KPI’s.
- Develop and propose seasonal budgets for WW and support HoM in overall seasonal roll up and strategies. Suggest considered and efficient improvements to reflect the dynamic business changes.
- Deliver Seasonal Planning Forecasts for WW and the wider business which are driven from historic analysis and vision. Plans must aim to cover company vision, international vision, department strategy and financial goals of business.
- Maintain yearly and long-term budgets and objectives with HoM. Working in line with the total company sales plans and stock models.
- Review merchandisers suggested opportunities and risks during seasonal buying periods, ensuring OTB, and strategies are being followed and flagging re-considerations.
- Roll up seasonal markdown planning documents and present total departments proposals versus Financial targets to HoM & CD.
- Sign off team proposals of planning packs for driving strategic questions for Buying in order to improve sales, terms, sell through, profit, deliveries and stock management.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Extensive relevant experience in luxury fashion retail merchandising preferably within Ecommerce multi-brand environment.
- Excellent and proven planning and analytical skills, with the ability to present, articulate and reason confidently with others.
- Proven track record of creating positive impact on business through merchandising strategy.
- Confidence in suggesting innovative and calculated risks, judgement and decision making skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding
- Experience in effective team management and development; a role model working to inspire those around you.
- Passionate about product, strong market and brand awareness
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Exceptionally organised, methodical and efficient.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work in a fast pace decisively managing priorities.
If you are passionate, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with the below:
At MATCHESFASHION we believe that everyone has a part to play. We are committed to building a working environment with a balanced and inclusive culture. We want people to be themselves and be inspired to do their best work. We value difference and it is key in driving innovation – and innovation is the magic which gives us our advantage as a brand.
- CV with dates of employment
- Cover letter
- Salary details
- Notice period