What the role is
With the customer at the heart of everything we do, the Senior Designer will work across editorial, marketing, social and brand communications for both on and off-line touchpoints. The Senior Designer will help guide the design team, ensuring the highest standards are met and the creative output is both innovative and customer centric, whilst staying abreast of an ever changing landscape.
The successful candidate will report directly into the Senior Art Director and will be part of an inspiring and growing team of designers. With a strong understanding of digital, print and social media, the Senior Designer will help manage the design team’s output; managing and mentoring a direct report; proposing and implementing creative solutions to the business and supporting the art directors.
What you’ll be doing
- PRODUCE original, user-focused concepts and solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience while maintaining the house style and brand objectives for both menswear and womenswear.
- GENERATE creative ideas, preplan, pitch to senior team, manage feedback process, execute and oversee all aspects of visual design.
- UNDERSTAND and APPLY best practice principles to projects. Design responsive designs as required. Understanding of mobile design – e.g. mobile apps, mobile-first concepts, etc, is required.
- DESIGN editorial and marketing content both on and offline. Manage special projects including editorial and ecommerce briefs, oversee or design promotional material including responsive emails, affiliate collateral and social media and the app.
- CREATE inspiring moodboards for achievable, relevant still life photo shoots.
- PRODUCE and art direct still life with Art Directors, stylists and photographers.
- COMMUNICATE confidently with Editorial, Management, Marketing, Studio, Press and the Tech teams on all aspects of creative deliverables and project goals. Effectively manage communication within the design team and direct report.
- MANAGE, guide and mentor direct report, ensuring that their workload is manageable and assisting their growth and development within their role and the team. Give direction, schedule, oversee and manage the wider team where required.
- DEVELOPMENT of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
- STAY INFORMED on current developments in digital design, technology, ecommerce etc.
- 4-6 years’ digital and print design experience working in a busy environment
- Proven experience and strong understanding of the technical requirements of digital design Exceptional email design experience with an understanding of how to bring innovation to emails
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product
- Ability to manage and mentor junior designers
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Strong expertise in interactive
- High-level experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Sketch. Experience in Keynote is a bonus
- Strong knowledge of HTML & CSS processes with regards to structural site limitations, web development and email marketing channels
- Experience in print
- On-set shoot experience with photographers
- Someone who believes in creating designs with an emotional resonance for the end user
- Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout
- A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as demanding business needs
- Proactive with an ability to show initiative and generate ideas to constantly improve the quality of the site
- Detail-orientated, well-organised team player
- A strong understanding of the digital marketplace and leading competitors in the field
If you are passionate, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with the below:
At MATCHESFASHION we believe that everyone has a part to play. We are committed to building a working environment with a balanced and inclusive culture. We want people to be themselves and be inspired to do their best work. We value difference and it is key in driving innovation – and innovation is the magic which gives us our advantage as a brand.
- CV with dates of employment
- Cover letter
- Salary details
- Notice period