What the role is
The key objective of this Internship is to provide support to the Buying Team in all areas of the department.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsibilities will include the following within the Buying department and specifically working with the contemporary buying team.
- General buying office – weekly sales reporting, competitor analysis, co-ordination of runway show tickets for the buying team during the show season (London, Paris, Milan and New York).
- Helping with sample requests for fashion shoots, managing our delivery schedule, making travel arrangements for the buying team, as well as filtering designer emails.
- Ad Hoc projects set by the Buying Director.
In order to apply for this role you must be completing this as part of your university course.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for this area, especially in the context of the luxury fashion environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Highly organised with a high attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as part of a team.
- All applicants must hold the right to work in the UK.
- Willing to work outside of regular working hours where necessary
Please include a cover letter of no more than 500 words with your application.
If you are passionate, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with the below:
At MATCHESFASHION we believe that everyone has a part to play. We are committed to building a working environment with a balanced and inclusive culture. We want people to be themselves and be inspired to do their best work. We value difference and it is key in driving innovation – and innovation is the magic which gives us our advantage as a brand.
- CV with dates of employment
- Cover letter
- Salary details
- Notice period